July 15, 2016

Lovely France, My Heart Breaks for You

I am so sorry for what is happening in our world.  Every time I hear of an attack, mass shooting and hateful action against innocents, my heart breaks a little more.  Pretty soon I am afraid that I will be sad more than I am happy.  The church shooting in Charleston last year, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Orlando mass shooting this summer, the slaying of school children in Newton, the Paris attacks, Brussels attack, the police killings in Dallas, and now Nice.  It goes on and on and on and on. It doesn't matter who is doing the killing - angry teens, the mentally ill, terrorists, homophobes, zealots, or racists - it is all murder.  I fear that as our children listen to the constant barrage of this news they become desensitized to it and it will just be a part of life in this world.
Last month I was in France.  We flew into Nice and had one of the happiest weeks of my life.  We spent a week in one of the most beautiful places in the world with wonderful, kind people, full of life and love.  I can't imagine their heartbreak and sadness in what has happened.  The images below are from my trip and I hope convey the peaceful feeling and warmth that I felt during that week.  My wish is that the peace of the South of France be felt my all, and that the hate and fighting and blame and rhetoric and anger and killing stop.  















No comments: